Terms and Conditions
CRUMPETS ANIMAL BOARDING LTD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All reservations require the following payments to secure them, please note that our minimum booking period is 3 days.
- Reservations made 30 days+ prior to arrival date: A non-refundable deposit of 50% or £20.00 deposit (whichever is the greater amount) is required to secure your hutch.
- Reservations made within 29 days of arrival date. Full payment is required to secure your booking.
We can only hold bookings for 24 hours without a deposit. This 24 hour period commences from the date the invoice was issued to you (as displayed on your invoice) if a deposit is not received in this time your reservation is no longer valid.
Deposits can be paid by bank transfer (BAC), cash and we also accept all major debit/ credit cards. Card payments can be taken over the phone during the hours of 10am-2pm Monday to Friday.
Crumpets cannot be held responsible for the hutch/ housing being no longer available to you if your forms/ deposit are not received as are our terms and conditions.
2. If you do need to cancel you must inform us via email and the following charges will apply regardless of the reason for cancellation;
- 22 days + to boarding = 50% of the boarding fee.
- Cancellations made 21 days or less will be liable for 100% of the booking.
- Any rabbit not complying with our vaccination policy = you will be liable for 100% of the booking and refused boarding.
If you fail to arrive on your admission date, you will be liable for the days booked that your pet has not attended
If you cancel 2 separate bookings consecutively or fail to arrive for a booking we have the right to no longer offer our services to you.
*Reduction in days required from original booking 30 days or less will result in 100% of fee charged for the days reduced. If informed 31 days+ no fees apply for the days no longer required.
3. If Crumpets Small Animal Boarding has to cancel your booking due to exceptional circumstances we will endeavour to give as much notice as possible. If a deposit has been received from you, this will be returned the same day. If your booking is cancelled as you do not meet our terms and conditions the normal cancellation charges apply.
4. Collections and departures must be made by appointment. If you arrive 45 minutes outside your appointment time you may be refused entry, a new appointment time may need to be arranged or you may need to arrive/ collect the following day
5. Your balance must be paid in full on the day of arrival. We accept cash, all major debit/ credit cards or bank transfer (BAC). BAC payments must be completed 24 hours prior to arrival. We do not accept cheques.
6. We charge the daily rate for the arrival and departure days, regardless of the time of day.
7. All unsettled invoices will incur charges after 30 days and be forwarded to a debt collection agency for recovery.
8. If your pet needs to be separated from its companion due to fighting, you will be liable for the boarding fee of the second hutch, payable on return. We will endeavour to keep companions together but if fighting and injuries occur we have to put your pet’s safety and wellbeing first.
9. If your pet is already boarding with us, and you wish to collect your pet earlier than the date originally provided, you are still liable for the full boarding costs. If you wish to extend their stay and we can accommodate the extra period we will inform you of the additional cost via email and your balance must be settled on/ by the departure date.
10. If you do not collect your pet(s) on the agreed day without prior arrangement then you will be charged for any extra days at £20.00 per day.
11. If you fail to collect within 7 days after the departure date and Crumpets is unable to contact you or your emergency contact, you give your consent for Crumpets to take what action necessary they deem appropriate in respect to your pet(s). By signing your booking form and agreeing to our terms and conditions you agree to pay all costs incurred during this period and what ever action is deemed necessary to recover these costs.
12. You will need to provide evidence of your home address such as a driving licence, passport or council tax bill when bringing your pet(s), we can refuse to admit your pet without proof of address. If your address changes during the period your pet is boarding with us we require your new address prior to arrival.
13. Rabbits must be vaccinated against VHD1, Myxomatosis and RHD2 to board at Crumpets. Primary vaccinations must be given at least 21 days prior to boarding or we will refuse to board your rabbit. Evidence of vaccination needs to be emailed to us at least 21 days prior to boarding. Any rabbit that is not up to date with their vaccines will be refused boarding and you will be liable for full boarding costs. We allow 6 weeks from the due vaccine date for your rabbit to have its annual vaccination, any vaccine given after this period will class as a Primary Vaccine and must then be given at least 21 days prior to boarding or boarding will be refused.
To be clear your rabbit will need the following vaccines;
- Myxomatosis and RHD1 (1 combined injection given every 12 months)
- RHD2 (Given every 12 months in low risk areas and every 6 months in high risk areas – your vet can advise you on the current level of risk in the area).
There are no exceptions on our vaccine policy.
14. Crumpets Small Animal Boarding reserve the right to refuse to accept your pet if we feel they are showing signs of disease, injury, illness or pregnancy unless previously discussed.
Upon arrival, a brief health check will be taken on your animal. Any pet seen to have skin problems, parasites or any other contagious ailment / condition that could put other animals at risk, will be assessed and if we are unable to provide isolation facilities for your pet, your pet may be refused entry.
We also reserve the right to refuse boarding if the hutch size is unsuitable due to the size of the guest (all sizes are given on our website). Giant Breeds of rabbit such as the Continental can only board in the Guest Rooms (Hazel/ Maple) or Outdoor Hutch (Willow Warren). Should you not disclose the current weight of your rabbit on your guest form and book an inappropriate hutch you will be liable for all boarding costs.
15. Any existing medical conditions must be discussed prior to the stay of your pet (at least 48 hours prior to arrival), each case will be taken into account. You must disclose any illness your pet has been seen by a vet for within the last 3 months. Crumpets Small Animal Boarding has the right and your full permission to request and obtain your pet’s full veterinary history.
If your pet does have any medical problems, illnesses or injuries, it is in their best interest, wellbeing and welfare and the welfare of our current guests that you disclose this information. Please request a medical form from us to complete prior to arrival. We will not accept any pet that is showing signs of an undisclosed illness, disease or injury unless if we have been fully informed prior to arrival.
16. If your pet does become ill whilst at Crumpets, we will endeavour to contact you, or your emergency contact. If we are unable to contact you we will obtain veterinary treatment for your pet and proceed in their best interest. Any treatment required will be payable by you upon return. Your pet will be treated under our Crumpets veterinary account and details will be forwarded to your own vet.
If we discover that your pet is ill due to a condition that they had been examined by a vet for and of which you were aware but you failed to disclose the information to us we have the right to refuse future boarding and to terminate the current period of boarding transferring your pet into your vets or emergency contacts care. You are still liable for the veterinary fees incurred and costs of transferring your pet (£25.00 surcharge).
By signing our consent on arrival, you agree to pay any veterinary costs and our own fees and charges your pet will incur. Invoices for veterinary treatment will be sent to you via email, allowing you to pay on/ by the day of departure by Cash, Card or BAC.
We will take your pet to your own vet if they are local or our registered vet. Should you wish your pet to be transferred to a referral centre/ hospital you may need to arrange transfer to and from the referral yourself if we are unable.
17. We will take no responsibility of any pet’s pregnancy. All the animals are housed in separate living accommodation and at no time will they come into contact with any other animal that they are not normally housed with.
18. We advise all rabbits are treated for e.cunniculi with a 9 day course at least 2 weeks prior to their stay unless they have been treated in the last 3 months. We advise another preventive 9 day course 3 months after boarding.
19. Sadly, small animals can pass away with very little warning and very quickly after showing signs of an illness. If this does happen, we will contact you immediately to discuss your wishes should your pet pass away in our care. We accept no liability in the unlikely event that this may happen and are unable to refund any remaining booking fees unless the remainder is over 21 days. You will still be liable for any veterinary fees incurred including cremation.
20. We do not take any responsibility for potential health and behavioural problems arising from boarding an indoor rabbit in an outdoor hutch. We advise that all indoor rabbits board in our indoor facilities.
21. All pet owners must accept that accident, injury, illness, death, theft, public liability, and all other insurances for the pet owner and their animal whilst visiting and boarding with us, are the responsibility of the pet owner and that Crumpets Small Animal Boarding are released of any and all such liabilities.
22. We recommend that all animals are treated for mites/ fleas prior to boarding with Xeno Spot on or a similar product 1 week prior to boarding. We do not ask for evidence of this but we are not responsible or liable for your pet if they have mites as we have recommended a preventative treatment that when applied correctly will prevent your pet from any infestation for 30 days. This is particularly important for rats.
23. We do not take responsibility for any items such as carriers or clients possessions left at Crumpets. All items are left at the clients own risk. Basket storage is by prior arrangement only and we cannot store baskets over Christmas.
24. Crumpets will not tolerate abusive behavior, we have the right to refuse our services to any person we believe is acting in an abusive or negative manner.
Click here to go back to the top